BURM Docs Negotiator
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Securitized Products Group is a market leader across a broad range of asset classes including the residential real estate, commercial real estate, transportation and corporate sectors, with expertise in securitization, financing solutions, and other investor products.
The Global Markets Group (GMG) is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
- Provide support to the documentation negotiators in the team in relation to the preparation and negotiation of ISDA documentation, GMRA, Clear Derivatives Execution Agreement, Non-disclosure agreements and any ancillary documents required for OTC derivatives and repurchase transactions.
- Review and analyze legal documentation to determine capacity and authority to enter into OTC derivatives transactions and repurchase transactions.
- Assist in liaisons with clients, business units, external legal counsel, risk management and other infrastructure groups within the firm (e.g. Operations, Tax, Credit, etc) to expedite the sign-off and negotiation process.
- Actively participate in global team projects on initiatives such as IT, risk management, system development and regulatory-driven projects.
- Assist in updating internal systems regarding negotiation status, documentation database, project trackers, etc.
- Handle post-negotiation matters including arranging for signing, coordinating the filing of electronic documents and original documents, dispatching documents to counterparties, etc.
- Law graduate with relevant experience in financing/derivatives is preferred. Legal qualification is advantageous.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; be prepared to speak to clients (internal and external) at all times
- Proficiency in English is a must. Good team player.
- Solid quantitative skills and strong interest in business, economics and law.
- Willingness and ability to provide quality service to the Firm's clients and to promote and enhance the Morgan Stanley franchise.
- Willingness to work in dynamic environment and the ability to excel under pressure.
- Proficiency and interest in technology and systems development.
- Organized, pro-active, ability to multi-task and work efficiently, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.