Strategy and Transactions- Valuation Staff II- East Region
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you'll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We'll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you'll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The EY Strategy and Transactions (SaT) practice works with clients to create social and economic value by helping them make better, more informed decisions about strategically managing capital and transactions in fast-changing markets. We believe that, by helping companies manage their capital agendas and driving their competitive advantages, we'll help them increase returns through improved decisions across all aspects of their capital agendas – and here you'll be right at the heart of that mission.
SaT Business Analytics is an integral part, and one of the growth and innovation engines, of the SaT practice. Our strategic vision is building a market-leading, integrated business analytics capability and platform that uses quantitative methods to empower our clients to make informed strategy, transaction, and capital decisions with speed and confidence. We put our analytics capabilities first and at the center of our strategy and transaction offerings to drive differentiation and holistic client value. We are looking for talent that innately solves business problems using a variety of analytics methods.
Our clients look to us for advice and support in overcoming some of their most complex challenges in a broad range of areas, particularly during live M&A transactions. The SaT Business Analytics team creates and delivers a variety of analytics-enabled solutions that enhance our clients' decision-making processes as they evaluate major financial, commercial and operational decisions. You will be analyzing large and complex data sets and leveraging cutting-edge technology to perform analytics and build sophisticated models that help address our clients' challenges in fast-changing markets.
As an SaT Business Analytics Associate, you will join one of our most innovative groups. It's an opportunity to work alongside your colleagues on a diverse range of clients and sectors. Through your work here, you will develop highly sought-after analytical skills while solving a broad range of business issues for Fortune 500 companies, small and middle-sized enterprises, and leading PE firms, as well as government agencies.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and use some of the most "in demand" tools, such as Alteryx, Power BI, SQL and Python, in addition to mastering Excel modeling. This role will allow you to combine your technical knowledge with your data analytics and data visualization skills to drive highly valuable business insights. You will be working with, and learning from, highly talented colleagues on challenging and complex assignments. We'll look to you to go above and beyond by taking ownership of multiple projects as they come up. You'll be expected to present your findings in a way that is easily understood by both technical and nontechnical audiences at all levels. No two clients are the same, and, since you'll be involved across multiple stages within projects, you'll find that your work varies from day to day. Whichever industry or project you're working on, we'll support you in using your technical, numerical and analytical skills to their full potential.
Your key responsibilities
- Performing various descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics to advise clients in their financial, commercial and operational decision-making processes
- Building and reviewing complex models for a wide range of client needs (corporate finance, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, portfolio analysis, management reporting, etc.)
- Structuring and analyzing big data sets and translating information into meaningful strategic insights
- Synthesizing and presenting results to colleagues and clients with both technical and nontechnical backgrounds
- Keeping an understanding of sector trends to identify potential risks, opportunities and solutions
- Supporting your team by tracking progress and handling timelines across multiple engagement work streams and projects
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We're looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile environment and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We're looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We're looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Have, or be working toward, a bachelor's degree or master's degree in business, business analytics, finance, economics, applied mathematics, statistics, accounting, industrial engineering, operations research or related field
- A strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- A proven interest in at least one of the following areas of business analytics: data science (e.g., financial modeling, artificial intelligence/machine learning, mathematical/statistical modeling, data visualization and descriptive analytics), data engineering (e.g., database management and data warehousing, big data and cloud computing, etc.)
- Passion for solving real business issues and gaining deep experience in various industries and functional areas (e.g., supply chain, operations, corporate finance)
- PC proficiency, including MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to influence and support both colleagues and clients
- A methodical approach to work and the ability to prioritize while working with a portfolio of projects, as well as creativity and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of basic financial and business terminology
- Demonstrated interest in consulting
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel
- A driver's license valid in the US
- Also, ideally, familiarity with statistical/mathematical approaches and a broad base of analytics tools/applications, including:
- Programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Analytics platforms (SAS, Azure, etc.)
- Data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.)
- Data engineering (SQL, Alteryx, etc.)
What's in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds – both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid-time-off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your nontechnical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.