Global Compliance & Reporting - Global Operations (APAC), Experienced Associate
Join our global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job.
We are looking for an Associate within the Global Operations team in our Kuala Lumpur office. This role is offered on a full-time basis.
Our Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) services help companies achieve their strategic objectives for outsourcing their compliance and reporting functions at a local, regional and global level. The Global Operations forms part of the GCR which is tasked with the sales, implementation, governance and delivery of multi-country compliance service.
As part of our regional Global Operations team across Asia Pacific you will be working with colleagues in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong and teaming with our off-shore team Global Delivery Services (GDS). As an Associate in GCR – Global Operations, you will assist with the implementation and governance of large multi-country compliance and reporting projects across the Asia Pacific region.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of compliance services by EY teams in the region
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen relationships both internally within the EY network and externally with clients to help ensure that the services EY delivers to the clients are timely and of the highest standards
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of client engagements which includes monitoring the progress of EY deliverables with use of our web-based compliance tracking tool, putting in place standardised best practices and processes, anticipating and identify risks and issues in the service delivery, escalating issues as appropriate as well as drive performance-improvement solutions
- Understand EY methodologies/tools to enhance service delivery
- Business development assistance including assisting with the preparation of responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) received
- Support the engagement contracting process and implementation of technology to monitor the progress of EY services
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- University graduates possessing at least a degree in accounting, banking, commerce, economics, finance, or other business-related fields
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Comfortable to work across borders with a wide network of people both internally and externally
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a professional commercial environment
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia