Private Capital Associate, Financial Services (open to flexible working)
Are you bright, enthusiastic and business minded? Do you enjoy working with dynamic, growing businesses and entrepreneurial individual investors? Joining the Private Capital team is a great opportunity to build a career within the EY financial services team as you will gain experience to help fulfil your aspirations and shape your career.
EY’s Private Capital team provides personal taxation services to thousands of individual clients both in the UK and overseas, dealing with the UK tax affairs of employees, directors, partners, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses, including ultra-high net worth and high profile individuals and their investment structures (e.g. trusts, funds or family companies).
Due to continuing expansion we have new opportunities for talented personalities to join our London or Manchester office working within the personal tax consultancy team part of EY Private Capital. You will receive extensive training and support from a variety of personal tax professionals to assist you in building a successful career within EY.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing an allocated portfolio of long-term client accounts and ad hoc advice.
- Advising on a variety of personal tax matters including income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and trusts, residency and domicile matters, trusts, owner managed businesses and partnerships.
- In person, verbal and written contact with clients.
- Interaction with other EY offices both in the UK and overseas.
- Contact with HM Revenue & Customs and other third parties, including major financial institutions, lawyers and wealth advisory businesses.
Skills and attributes for success
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Particular areas of specialism, but a desire and ability to develop a broad tax knowledge.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work to a high professional standard.
- Computer literacy, with the ability to adapt to new systems.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Initiative, professionalism and confidence
- Experience in UK personal tax
- Working towards an appropriate qualification (e.g. ACA, ICAS, ATT, CTA)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
What we look for
Our Private Capital Team focuses on advising individuals and owner-managed businesses on all aspects of their tax affairs, working with other specialist teams within EY’s wider business, across tax and other services. We want to hear from candidates who are looking for a broad and varied foundation in tax matters that are relevant to privately owned businesses and ultra-high net worth individuals, and who are excited by the challenges of working in this dynamic environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your own and your team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.