TS Assistant Manager or Manager - Glasgow or Edinburgh
Transaction Services Assistant Manager or Manager – Corporate Finance – Glasgow or Edinburgh
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be an Assistant Manager or Manager responsible for managing the delivery of projects on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships. You’ll have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of financial due diligence for corporate, private equity or financial buyers and vendors, and/or reporting accountant work. You’ll also have developed sector knowledge. You’ll also:
- Project manage larger client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resourcing requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Scope, prepare and review reports and documents using PowerPoint. Prepare and review analysis in Excel.
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis, including responsibility for briefing, supervising and developing junior staff.
- Deliver complete reports that include focused conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist Partners, Directors and Associate Directors in the development of existing and new service stream practices.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Thorough working knowledge of Transaction Services activities
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff supervision or management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- For those involved in Capital Markets transactions a good knowledge of the relevant legislation.
- Self-starting individual who is comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to their continuous development.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- Private medical;
- Cash allowance
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.