Tax, Associate - Indirect Tax (2021 Grads)
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International, as well as Transaction Tax Services.
The team combines technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle at the local level. The intern will support the day-to-day reporting, identifying processes to reduce attribution errors, cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients. You’ll also advise clients how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods and services tax (GST) impact their supply chain and financial and accounting systems.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Accountancy or equivalent.
- Problem solving and numerical skills.
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening.
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment prior to the interview.
You are strongly encouraged to prioritize your job application, as applicants with more than one job entry under Tax will only be shortlisted for one Tax position. This position is only applicable to students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
or further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.