Transfer Agency, Senior Associate
Why this role is important to us:
Unit Registry (also called Transfer Agent) is a specialist team appointed by our clients, for the purposes of maintaining their investor's financial records and tracking his or her account balance. Unit Registry records transactions, maintaining investor's accounts, issue daily and periodic statements, process distributions and investment income forms for investors as well as releases unit prices and provide cash forecast to fund managers. Unit Registry is also responsible for completing Anti-Money Laundering & Know Your Client checks on investors to ensure full adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
What you will be responsible for:
- Validate transactions and account maintenance in accordance with the service standards, in a timely and accurate manner, i.e. applications, redemptions, switches, off-market transfers and deceased estate transactions;
- Preparation and distribution of various management and client reporting
- Promptly respond to queries from the client, unit holder and homesite
- To understand the core offering and ways to increase efficiencies and accuracy in the day to day process
- To ensure that all day to day tasks and/or issues/queries raised by internal and external are resolved within agreed time frames.
- Have a high level of understanding of the Client: their SLA, organisation, policies & key contacts.
- Identify, initiate and implement operational improvements especially in cost saving, productivities, resolve control gap and risk reduction.
- Ensure risk controls are adhered to standard operation procedure and client specific procedure
- Establish & build relationships with internal & external communication
- Assist the manager to perform staff training & development through effective performance reviews and provides feedback to the Account Manager within the team, especially to play a key role to train up the staffs, ensure they are with good capability to service the clients
- Assist with the manager with daily resocure allocation, peak time management in line with overtime governance policy.
- Proactively and well managed procedure, SOP, checklist and change requests
What we value:
As an assistant manager, you will be a team leader responsible for the oversight of daily operations of the team and to ensure that all client agreements are consistently meet. You are also responsible for the validating and audit checking transactions and outputs against agreed client service level agreement (SLA), validity guideline, risk policies & standing operational procedures and to provide service to all queries/issues raised by both external/internal parties to the highest quality within the agreed turnaround times. You will need to demonstrate the ability to influence people as well as engage with your peers and managers. You will embrace change while continuously looking to make further improvements within your team.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in English, Finance, Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role preferable.
- Ideally 2-3 years experience in custody market (Unit pricing and/ Unit registry)
- A good knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts
- A good knowledge of AML/KYC requirements
- A good understanding of core registry processes
- Previous Unit Registry, finance and/or banking background is desired but not essential
- Professional English communication skills in both email written and verbal
- A desire to provide unsurpassed service by exceeding service levels
- Good time management skills, ability to multi task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good sense of escalation awareness and risk awareness. Able to identify and resolve issues in daily operations
- Flexible, adaptable and motivated person who is a Team Player and enjoys dealing with people
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.