Procurement Consultant - Services Category
Looking for an experienced Procurement Consultant to provide end-to-end category management, strategic sourcing, and procurement of diverse indirect service categories on a global scale..
- Human Resources Category management, and other category support upon request
- Global collaboration with internal partners in North America, EMEA, and APAC to develop and execute sourcing and procurement strategies
- Analyze industry and vendor data / trends and make recommendations to partners about key insights, trade-offs, and risks
- Collect requirements from internal partners and lead competitive bidding processes (e.g. RFx, etc.)
- Negotiate commercial arrangements and contracts with vendors
- Present negotiation strategies and opportunities to internal partners and management
- Assist with forecasting / planning processes, demand management, and developing contracts that scale future enterprise needs
- Provide thought-leadership around improvements of global policies, operations, programs and processes
- Drive vendor quality and performance improvement initiatives and harness vendor innovation ideas
- Serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor other employees
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impacts
- A College or University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance is preferred but all majors will be considered.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Procurement or Strategic Sourcing.
- Strong contracting background with an understanding of industry standards, critical components, and preferable/advantageous language
- Demonstrates solid time management skills and prioritization skills.
- Analytical, project management and problem solving skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Preference for experience with Human Resources contracting needs, particularly employee Benefits
- Presentation and executive communication skills, including ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated experience driving procurement processes and leading practices through strategic sourcing negotiation, and stakeholder management.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. MS Office Suite). Must be willing to learn ERP and internal systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Synertrade)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.