Senior Associate - Learning and Development Lead - MERC Assurance - Riyadh
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Learning and Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience. You’ll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
Business Unit Overview
A career in Learning and Development, within Assurance, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience. You’ll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Specifically, you will be responsible for coordinating the successful scheduling, communication and implementation of all programmes offered to staff regionally as well as using systems for analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting. The position also supports any L&D related projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan for training seasons and track the progress of action plan implementation.
- Coordinate and communicate all details related to enrollment courses: full ownership of attendee list, updating materials and communication with attendees and instructors.
- Create, update and reconcile target audience trackers and ensure all current staff and new joiners are attending and completing their mandatory courses.
- Act as hotel/conference room liaison and provide onsite support at internal & external training events, when needed.
- Manage virtual sessions and ensure their efficient and interactive implementation
- Consolidate feedback from evaluations and produce relevant reports accordingly, update relevant trackers and share evaluations with instructors.
- Create and update completion reports and maintain defaulters’ sheets accordingly.
- Review and control data needed for analysis, budgets, and forecasting & assist in creating new budgets where needed.
- Document processes and procedures to streamline course coordination for compliance and reporting purposes
- Coordinate the participation of instructors and their train the trainer completion
- Coordinate material creation and elearn courses development
- Report defaulters who failed to complete mandatory training to leadership
- Prepare LPOs and expense reports
- Manage and review all Professional Qualifications membership applications and data for students and ensure alignment with LoS PQ policy.
- Track progress of Professional Qualifications, book exams, review and approve study leave requests and track results.
- Act as a country lead and main point of contact for all LoS related activities.
- Support improvements in the L&D department, specifically the increased delivery of standardised services.
- Look for areas of continuous improvement across the Learning & Development function.
- Promote collaboration, trust and improvement between team members and across the team.
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous learning within the Learning & Development team and benchmark against best practices in the L&D industry and country specific
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Education, Psychology or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Familiarity with elearning platforms (Learning Management Systems), content creation tools (Articulate Storyline) and L&D practices
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google drive & tools
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English. Multilingual & Arabic speaking is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.