Why is this role key to our business?
Core Finance is the heartbeat of financial record preparation through the processing of financial transactions, application of accounting standards and preparation of month end reports. We work closely with our Finance Business Partners to provide insightful variance analysis and ensure an accurate and timely financial position.
Management Accountants are a critical part of the team, providing the results and analysis for the overall product area. As a qualified accountant or highly experienced in the field of finance, you will be responsible for preparation and reviewing month end results, including balance sheet control and P&L analysis.
You will lead on product area result production and are the first line of analysis and review, providing valuable support to the finance business partners. The role is key in understanding business performance and allowing the organisation to make quality informed decisions.
As a Management Accountant you will support and mentor our Assistant Management Accountants through their development and studies, providing you with an opportunity to hone your management experience for your future career.
You will possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, with a high level of attention to detail, enabling the preparation of high-quality management accounts and insight into business performance. Through your work you will be responsible for identifying areas of process improvement and working with the Finance Managers to design improvement and ensure new processes are implemented that enhance controls, reduce manual intervention and drive departmental efficiencies.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact.
We'll support you through your personal development as you progress your career as a qualified accountant, developing your communication and influencing skills and creating networking opportunities. We also offer flexible working to allow you to work dynamically and balance your work life commitments.
This is what the day to day (or month to month as an accountant!) will look like:
- Build trusted, key stakeholder relationships, proactively seek business and product knowledge to contextualise understanding and analysis, and owning problems to promptly identify and implement solutions;
- Demonstrate commercial awareness through the insight you provide around how the financials relate to the business performance and act as the subject matter expert on your product area;
- Prepare, reconcile and review balance sheet accounts, to raise corrective journals where necessary, fix identified process breakdowns, and highlight risks and opportunities;
- Manage and contribute to the production of monthly management accounts in accordance with up to date accounting regulation;
- Consolidate, analyse and review trends and variances across the product financial statements, interlinking non-financial data with financial data, to interpret business performance and aid business understanding for decision making;
- Lead the presentation of month end product reviews and act as the key point of contact with finance business partners to concisely articulate financial results and analysis;
- Facilitate and close business queries on management accounts in a prompt and efficient manner;
- Support the business with internal and external audit reviews;
- Enhance the control framework of the business through the identification, adoption and embedment of new processes and controls to prevent accounting errors;
- Champion change by highlighting, designing and implementing changes that drive process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Professional qualification – ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- Prior experience in a finance position
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.