Senior Finance Analyst
What’s in it for you?
You’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment where collaboration is the norm and development opportunities are everywhere. We want to help you to do your best work and have your biggest impact. We will support you through your personal development as you progress your career as a qualified accountant, developing your, communication and influencing skills and creating networking opportunities. We also offer flexible working to allow you to work dynamically and balance your work life commitments.
What the day to day looks like
- You will interpret established and emerging contracts and proactively seek business and product knowledge to determine how they relate to relevant accounting standards for financial reporting purposes and monitor trigger points to enable timely and accurate financial recognition
- You will lead the design, development and implementation of efficient and effective financial policies, processes and data analysis, ensuring strong corporate governance and controls that prevent financial errors
- Own the creation of policy and process documents relevant to newly implemented processes, consulting SMEs where appropriate
- Prepare, reconcile and review balance sheet accounts demonstrating a full understanding, raising corrective journals where necessary and highlighting risks and opportunities
- You will manage and contribute to the production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts for the product area in accordance with up to date accounting regulation, clearing business queries in a prompt and efficient manner
- Lead the presentation of month end product reviews and act as the key point of contact with finance business partners to concisely articulate financial results and analysis;
- Own internal and external audit reviews, dealing with queries and assisting auditors with the review process in a timely manner
- Produce adhoc and monthly reports and analysis that provides business insight into KPIs and financial performance to aid business understanding for decision making
- Partner with the Finance Business Partnering team to provide subject matter expertise, cross-functional co-operation and provision of knowledge and development for the wider team
- Accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or be an established senior accountant
- Experience of delivering a project either standalone or as part of a team
- Ability to interpret and apply complex accounting standards
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes accountability for team delivery
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and process skills, demonstrating attention to detail
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Work under own initiative
Great to have:
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS15
- Highly organised and flexible to change
- Mentoring and coaching experience
- Process improvement experience
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.