Financial Analyst - Senior Associate
Financial Analyst - Senior Associate
Finance role within Planning, Budgeting and Financial Analysis (PBFA) team to support Netherlands which is a part of one of EMEIA regions – Europe West.
The Europe West PBFA team is seeking for a Finance Advisor to support EY Core Business Services (CBS) organization. You will be part of Europe West Finance team with a focus on Netherlands and act as a finance professional providing critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results. This role will establish a trusted relationship with our client, understanding his needs and teaming with other finance team members to bring best in class analytical support, functional expertise and reporting solutions.
The role works within a fast changing, evolving environment with a number of significant changes taking place to the team’s processes and systems. Therefore the ideal candidate will need to be agile and versatile along with the ability to deal with change on an on-going basis. This is an opportunity to broaden your experience and network along with challenging your existing skills working within a large, complex, multi country organization.
Your key responsibilities
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (Actual, Plan and Forecast) to support the decision making discussions
- Main focus of your analysis will be indirect costs
- Prepare reporting and analysis to identify key areas of focus based on actual performance which can be developed into insightful commentary for key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the coordination and processing of key financial processes including Plan, Forecast, Month End, Year End
- Ad hoc requests from key stakeholders to support decision making discussions
- Be proactive in raising the profile of the Finance team within the business and in contributing to your own professional development
- Linkage with the GDS team to execute ad hoc and regular requests
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to work in a virtual global organization respecting international cultures
- Good presentation, leadership, problem-solving, analytical, and listening skills
- Good team player with ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Computer proficiency; be proficient or trainable in complex aspects of financial software packages, including Essbase, Hyperion, Business Objects
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, predominantly Excel, PowerPoint
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- Approximately 3 years of experience in a related accounting or analysis function
- Good spoken and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Able to demonstrate initiative in approach to problem solving
- Proactive and self-sufficient working style with ability to prioritize whilst escalating as appropriate to prevent dilution of existing controls
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who are eager to be the 'Go To' contact for financial and operational issues while supporting the Service Lines Leaders and act as a trusted business adviser, develop effective working relationships with the extended Finance team and leadership, becoming a key point of contact.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.