OTC Derivatives Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experience OTC Derivatives Specialist who understands role of individual and department within Derivatives CoE and is able to navigate within department to achieve desired results.
The purpose of the role is to support processing of complex derivatives data. You will be responsible for operating model, identifying potential risk or problem situations, conducting impact analysis and resolving issues.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As OTC Derivatives Specialist you will
- Participate as Subject Matter Expert in the development, testing and implementation of new tools/systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process.
- Act as a central point of contact for technical and operational issues encountered in the daily business and/or ad hoc requests related to derivatives process. Track issue trends and escalate as needed.
- Review & evaluate corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across clients and country groups.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of Derivatives Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practices.
- Liaise with internal and external clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Ensure that departmental procedures are in place and all controls are adhered to.
- Keep Team Supervisor / Manager informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests and projects progress.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Flexibility and solution oriented attitude.
- Good time organizational skills.
- Ability to facilitate professional and polished discussion leading to resolution of issues.
- Ability to work in dynamic, time-pressured environment and to deliver on time.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, including experience with OTC products.
- University degree in a financial field will be a strong advantage.
- Trade booking and valuation expertise.
- NAV impact knowledge and accounting booking methodology required.
- Understanding of reconciliation process and experience with different kind of broker reports.
- Corporate Actions knowledge will be an asset.
- Experience introducing improvements to the process.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.