Derivatives Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Derivatives Manager is responsible for supervising services provided by by the team members, ensuring operational projects administration and execution, as well as identification of potential risk areas. The strong staff leadership, management and client servicing skills are required.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Derivatives Manager you will
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment.
- Supervises subordinates and interacts with supervisors, other functional areas, management and internal/external clients to complete objectives.
- Hold self and/or others accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments, deadlines, or milestones.
- Make decisions by applying department and company policies.
- Develop and directs work schedules and monitors workflow to achieve established goals and objectives for Derivatives CoE.
- Clearly communicate complex operational or technical subjects to internal or external clients, both in formal and informal settings.
- Thorough supervision of activities, impacts budgets, costs, and schedules.
- Be responsible for recommending changes in guidelines, procedure, and policies: faulty decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays and result in additional expenditure of time, human resources, and funds.
- Be exposed to daily operational duties and any other non-business aspects that may influence department, e.g. personnel actions including employment, termination, performance reviews and performance improvement plans conduction.
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to reports on technical, professional and client issues.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of reports - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the performance management system is updated within corporate deadlines
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Excellent Communication, Organizational and Report Writing skills
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.