FAAS - FP&T - Finance Processes Manager - Multiple Locations
This is an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join EY’s market leading Financial Accounting Advisory Services (“FAAS”) team. Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, we help some of the world’s largest companies to solve their finance and reporting challenges.
Specifically, within FAAS, we are looking to recruit into our Finance Process & Technology focussed competency. We work with our clients to design and deliver solutions to meet their business challenges, including emerging challenges around UK corporate reform, financial reporting and sustainability reporting across key non-financial measures.
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional, and passionate about what they do. You will have a strong track record of delivery across accounting, reporting and finance process and controls design. You will be a team player who has a track record of managing the success of the delivery team.
As a Manager within our FAAS team you will be offering valuable insight and advice to clients in supporting them in making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage end-to-end delivery of project teams (physical and virtual), assessing engagement risks and opportunities throughout, driving the right outcomes for our clients
- Manage financial, quality and risk management on client projects
- Manage your own and FAAS team’s development of functional and technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams and inclusive behaviours
- Manage and support the development of more junior team members
- Manage and lead business development activities for on new and existing clients, developing the delivery of high-quality proposals
- Build strong internal and external networks to bring all of EY to our clients
- Create an environment that encourages and drives innovation based on experience with the client, market, service line, functional group and EY
Skills and attributes for success
- Plan, manage and participate in internal and client engagements
- Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching
- Understand the client’s industry and recognise key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills
- Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong independent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical persons
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- Excellent report writing skills
Experience must include one or more of the below:
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ relevant experience of Accounting and Financial reporting within Finance process gained in a Big-4 or industry environment
- Finance process and controls design related to Record-to-Report (R2R), financial close and consolidation
- Process, risks and controls design over financial reporting
- Finance systems application or implementation e.g. SAP, Oracle, EPM systems such as Anaplan, Hyperion, etc.
Other typical experience may include whilst not limited to:
- Experience of wider finance related processes including elements within Order-to-Cash (O2C) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P)
- Accounting and regulatory change
- Internal management and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Experience of underlying finance data architecture including general ledger, subledgers, master data structures, data objects etc.
- Data analytics skills, including utilisation of technology to be able to automate extraction, preparation and transformation of data to present to senior stakeholders, including use of data warehouses and ETL solutions such as SQL, Alteryx, etc.
- Tableau, PowerBI and other visualisation tools to present data insights
- Experience of working in a consulting role, or a transformation role in industry
- Experience in delivery of large-scale change programmes, demonstrable experience of leading change gained from hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm or in industry
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Optimisation of financial resources – capital, liquidity etc.
- Balance sheet management; cost reporting and management
To qualify for the role, you must have the following:
- A university degree 2:1 (or equivalent) or above
- An accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
What we look for:
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take the initiative. If you are ready to work with some of the world’s leading organisations solving some of their most complex and pressing issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.