FAAS - Accounting & Transactions Senior/AM - Manchester
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior / Assistant Manager to join EY’s market leading FAAS team which provides an opportunity to work with some of the largest global companies in a role that involves assurance, transactions and advisory services and will include developing long term relationships with senior client personnel.
Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, the high performing FAAS team delivers practical and pragmatic solutions to our clients’ accounting and financial reporting challenges. Our range of services includes assisting clients with GAAP conversion, advising on financial accounting excellence matters and accounting for transactions including IPOs, implementing improvements to internal controls for example under US SOX and UK corporate reform.
Your key responsibilities
This role will provide you with an opportunity to combine technical and commercial insight in a project-based environment and develop/enhance your experience of assisting large corporates with financial and reporting challenges, including GAAP conversions, implementation of new standards and accounting for transactions, including IPOs and mergers and acquisitions, and with implementing improvements to their internal control environment.
Skills and attributes for success
- Researching technical issues and providing input into the preparation of high quality technical reports and presentations;
- Ability to present technical accounting matters to clients and senior team members in a clear and concise manner;
- Managing and contributing to the delivery of a range of projects focussing on financial reporting;
- Conducting analyses on accounting policies in financial statements to support due diligence, tax and restructuring projects;
- Ability to work closely with both finance and non-finance teams to understand and to improve our clients’ internal control arrangements, and
- Building strong working relationship with our clients.
- Degree educated
- Good understanding of IFRS including experience of IFRS conversions
- Fully qualified ACCA / ACA / CPA / CA or Equivalent
- Proven ability to work on complex accounting issues and ability to clearly articulate the advice in written technical accounting papers.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Big 4 Consulting or equivalent experience (other firms will be considered)
- Extensive experience in Audit and ideally worked across a breadth of sectors
- Internal controls experience or ideally SEC reporting including SOX
What we look for:
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about your career with us and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.