Operations Finance Analyst (12 mo contract)
Weekly Hours: 39
The Finance department based in the Cork Campus supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including the European Sales Fulfilment , European Logistics, Manufacturing & Asia Pac Operations as well as being the Shared Services Centre for EMEIA. As a team, we actively engage with our local business partners to provide analytical & decision making support, as well as being responsible for quarter end close & forecasting activities within their function.
This role supports the FG Operations Business team & is primarily responsible for the fulfilment costs within that business area. You'll engage directly with the key Operations support organisations, which include Logistics, Trade Compliance, Supply/Demand Planning & Customer Fulfilment.
Key Qualifications:The ideal candidate should possess
- excellent analytical and problem solving skills - a naturally enquiring approach
- strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people
- possess strong technical skills with an ability to deal with large volumes of data & summarise key aspects
- should be able to deliver in a fast-paced work environment & to strive for excellence
- positive energy & attitude with a desire to drive constant improvement & change
- ability to cut through ambiguity, to listen, challenge & innovate
- possess candour and resilience that allows them succeed in a challenging environment
- ambition to succeed at a senior level within a large multi-national organisation
- The successful candidate must be analytical, self-motivated, curious & flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
Reporting to the EMEIA Logistics & Supply Chain Finance Manager , these include:
- FG Freight & Duty P&L and Balance Sheet Management;
- Provision of KPIs & Management metrics to help the business understand key cost drivers;
- Lead quarterly management review of Fulfilment Costs to senior site personnel Actively work with the business to find opportunities for cost reduction & track these through to collection of savings;
- Lead finance team in supporting annual supplier freight rate negotiations
- Partner with the other members of the Logs & SC Finance team to develop an understanding of the overall business & provide key inputs to Operations Business reviews
- Provide ad-hoc support to the EMEiA management team;
- Provide back up to other Logistics & Supply Chain Finance team members
- Deliver exceptional support to Logistics & Supply Chain Manager, continually seeking new areas of efficiency, green & reduced costs
Education & Experience:
- The candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant, similar qualification/experience considered
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.