Tax Senior Services Manager - Financial Services Organization - EDGE - CTORS
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our Financial Services EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing dedicated tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your Key Responsibilities
Serve as the Tax Functional Leader across compliance, advisory or annuity tax service delivery. Lead tax processes by directing and coordinating day-to-day interactions with the team, reviewing engagement work product, driving delivery of services to meet deadlines for client deliverables, developing internal team members, and managing the functional efforts of such tax processes.
Independently recognize and identify problem areas and items that need to be addressed or escalated to ensure tax returns, tax research, tax accounting and tax projects are timely and accurately completed. Serve as a trusted advisor and role model across multiple teams, research tax law issues, provide advice and assistance managing risks and across tax compliance and/or advisory services.
- Direct and coordinate all work activities relating to the preparation and delivery of tax compliance client service
- Lead tax delivery processes and build alliances through teaming, and/or act as a deep subject matter expert.
- Oversee large team and provide visibility to leadership on status, issues, or situations which need to be addressed
- Manage and monitor team's work, progress reporting, workload, quality and utilization/overtime distribution across the team
- Troubleshoot and identify complex process problems, process data submissions, analyze and resolve complex issues
- Take responsibility for quality of tax work product, and manage opportunity and engagement risk for the same
- Leverage the usage of standard technologies and processes while driving efficiency and quality of deliverables.
- Leverage LEAD for career, development, and performance conversations. Act as a counselor and coach and develop a team of tax professionals and actively participate in their performance management
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Working independently with direct supervisory responsibilities
- Specialized depth and/or breath of expertise
- Ability to provide leadership (advising and providing) direction to others in financial areas of specialization and lead coordination of daily work activities and review the most complex work of other teammates
- Employee may also regularly lead multiple projects
- Employee works independently, with leadership guidance in only the most complex situations
- Employee has the authority to make significant choices and decisions, without specific guidance or direction from leadership
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics
- CPA, EA or licensed attorney
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- Ability to prioritize, handle and track multiple assignments
- Ability to work in unstructured environment, demonstrated ability to resolve complex tax issues across multiple functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and actively engage in implementing improvements
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven skills in developing employees
- Strong oral and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Experience with financial and tax applications such as GoSystems, CorpTax, Onesource, as required by area of specialism
- Proficient using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Proficiency in tax accounting systems
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- The salary range for this position in Denver is $99,000- $188,100
- The salary range for this position in Stamford is $118,000- $225,700
- The salary range for this position in Hartford is $99,000- $188,100
- The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is $99,000 - $188,100
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.