Manager, Group Reporting
Get to know the Role:
Do you want to be able to see the big picture, and thrive on the challenge (and excitement) of tackling and resolving group-level and reporting issues? We are looking for a motivated individual for a Manager, Group Reporting role who will join the corporate team to drive the external reporting process. The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional with experience in Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting and IFRS. (S)he will manage and supervise the preparation, analysis and coordination of SEC reports, consolidated financial analysis, and other financial reports for use by management, shareholders and investors. (S)he will partner closely with the Technical Accounting and Consolidation side of the team, and interact regularly with external auditors, Country finance, Legal and Investor Relations.
The day-to-day activities:
- Manages the coordination and preparation of financial statements and disclosures on Forms 20-F and 6-K with the SEC.
- Manages the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statement variance analysis for management.
- Participates in the review of external department deliverables to ensure accuracy and consistency with external filings and internal reports and documents, as well as compliance with rules governing non-IFRS metrics.
- Manages the coordination and preparation of financial statements and other Management Discussion & Analysis information.
- Participates in determining the impact from accounting and financial statement changes (such as acquisitions and segment reporting), and directs steps necessary to correct or reflect adjustments to ensure accurate reporting.
- Provides professional advice and develops strategy for a broad range of accounting issues.
- Participates in the review of existing and proposed regulations of the IFRS, SEC, and/or other authoritative bodies that formulate or have jurisdiction over financial reporting or accounting matters that will impact the Company.
- Participates in the interpretation and analysis of new accounting principles and regulatory decisions to assess the financial statement impact, and the implementation of accounting-related changes to ensure compliance.
- Participates in the development of the Company's position relative to financial reporting and accounting issues, and reviews responses to authoritative rule-making bodies when appropriate in an effort to affect the final outcome.
- Keeps up to date on new innovative accounting and reporting tools and reviews proposed or alternate accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or equivalent). CPA, CA or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. Big 4 public accounting experience and reporting experience with a publicly-traded company are desired.
- Able to convey in original written correspondence and reports, complex technical matters in a clear and concise manner, adapted to the needs of technical and non-technical clients.
- Technical proficiency in IFRS and SEC accounting and reporting issues applicable to the Company and its affiliates.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines.
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.