Finance Manager - UKI Assurance
The finance team comprises of three pillars, PBFA and Reporting and Analytics, Markets Finance and Controlling. The finance team is located throughout Ireland and a center of excellence in Poland and supported by offshore teams in India. The finance team works closely with operations teams supporting client servers.
- A key initiative of the finance department is to become ‘Trusted Business Advisors’ and carrying out this function is at the core of this job.
- This role reports to the senior Finance Manager within the Irish firm with a dotted line to the Head of Finance for Assurance within the UK & Ireland region (UKI).
- As well as being part of the UKI finance team it is essential that this role partners with the business to plan, forecast and monitor results during the year not only providing financial control but also providing forward looking insights that have an impact on the business.
- The role will involve preparation, analysis and control of weekly, monthly and annual financial results and analysis.
- This role will closely support other members of the finance team including management accountants and working capital specialists.
- Communicate effectively with business operators, by sharing and interpreting information that will help to improve business performance.
- Complete month end and year end close for your portfolio.
- Provide pro-active financial control for your portfolio.
- Detailed responsibility for the annual planning process and other ad hoc forecasts
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Finance Manager and Assurance Operations team to ensure emerging issues are raised promptly and to raise requests for assistance/resource on behalf of the service line
- Develop a thorough understanding of the underlying business issues and provide forward looking and proactive advice on how to prevent and/or address these
- Provide forward looking analysis that impacts business decisions
- Analyse the business through the account margin lens and provide insight to the business to improve margin
- Performing other ad hoc projects concerning systems, process improvement and other business requirements
- Confident and able to build strong relationships at management/partner levels
- Able to challenge and articulate opinions succinctly and persuasively
- Understanding of and an ability to provide excellent client service
- Commercial approach and ability to demonstrate clear business understanding
- Relevant financial experience from an accountancy or internal finance function
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to multi-task with a proactive approach with proven ability to respond promptly to business demands and adopt a flexible approach to tasks
- Understanding of a professional services environment
- Commitment to developing self, desire to make the role their own
- Ability to coach and develop other members of the finance team
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate financial information across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Fully Qualified Accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.