Internal Audit/Enterprise Risk- Senior Consultant Financial Services - West Region
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
INTERNAL AUDIT/ENTERPRISE RISK- SENIOR CONSULTANT FINANCIAL SERVICES - WEST REGION - CA AND AZ
Senior_ Internal Audit
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our Process and Controls practice, a specialty advisory practice within Advisory Services, provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions.
Your key responsibilities
You'll be responsible for planning, leading and performing internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 procedures in accordance with the client’s audit plan, risk management strategy and EY’s internal audit and SOX 404 methodologies. You can expect to work with high performing teams, clients and market leaders in banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance sectors. As you build knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor to junior consultants within the organization as well as the clients.
Skills and attributes for success
On a typical day, you’ll establish audit objectives, prepare an audit approach, perform analysis, prepare documentation, evaluate and test processes and related controls, as well as assist in the preparation of the final audit report. We'll look to you to stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business, as well as display teamwork, integrity and leadership to support and value your team's contributions, fostering innovation.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree or master’s degree
- Around 2+ years of related audit or applicable business experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related discipline
- Around 1+ years of public accounting experience
- Experience in the traditional and/or alternative asset management industry
- CPA, CA, APRM, CIA, CFA, CISA certification is highly desired. If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager
- Second language skills and international business experience
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.