Finance Analyst, Asset Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
About Northern Trust Asset Management
Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) is a global Investment Manager with $1.1Trillion Assets Under Management, is a top 20 global asset manager, top 10 largest factor investor globally and the 12th largest ETF provider.
We believe investing ultimately serves a greater purpose and should be done intentionally and efficiently …
- by people who are passionate, astute and tenacious problem solvers
- with the understanding that all investing involves risk and
- is best accomplished by using an empirically based process.
At Northern Trust Asset Management, we understand that investing ultimately serves a greater purpose. That is why our philosophy is rooted in the fundamental belief that investors should get compensated for the risks they take – in all market environments and in any investment strategy.
At the heart of our philosophy is how we think about, view and analyze risk. As risk-aware investors, we take risk intentionally, to achieve investors’ desired outcomes and minimize unintended consequences.
In EMEA, Northern Trust Asset Management serves professional investors offers a wide range of investment management capabilities, across active and passive, equities, fixed income and cash management. This includes quant active, sustainable investing, multi-asset, liquidity focused solutions as well as more traditional index management. Capabilities are available through both pooled funds and segregated accounts, with a focus on designing investment strategies to meet the specific needs of investors. NTAM managers the largest European ESG fund and 5/10 largest ESG index funds globally****.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Proven understanding of asset management terminology and familiarity with investments instruments.
- Proven ability to quickly understand new systems, both in-house and market data provider systems such as Morningstar, Salesforce, Tableau CRM highly desirable.
- Reporting and/or accounting background preferred.
- PC literacy required with strong knowledge of MS-Excel and§ Powerpoint for the presentation of material to Senior Executives and SharePoint essential.
- Numerically competent with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills to juggle priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines.
- Must have an eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) at all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to think ahead and schedule tasks.
- Ability to be flexible and change priority quickly.
- Ability to get other departments to deliver with the tenacity to follow up on outstanding actions.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to create efficiencies in the receipt of data and dissemination of data
- Must be able to document policies and procedures
- Desired to continue learn about all aspects of Investment Management.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and manage sensitive data between them.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.