Regulatory Policy Advisor (German Speaking) AVP
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of developments in regulatory requirements as they impact Morgan Stanley's global businesses
- Be part of a global team providing policy support and advice on prudential regulatory and accounting issues to all Morgan Stanley businesses in the US, EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions
- Develop Morgan Stanley's internal policy position on prudential requirements for capital and liquidity with particular focus on Morgan Stanley operations in Germany that are subject to requirements set by the ECB, BaFin and Bundesbank.
- Communicate and explain changes and advances in the regulatory environment to affected parties within Morgan Stanley, helping to ensure Morgan Stanley remains compliant with all obligations
- Represent Morgan Stanley in industry fora and working groups.
- Provide technical leadership on balance sheet, capital & liquidity optimization
- Advise internal clients within Morgan Stanley, across all business units, on the regulatory implications of new business initiatives and specific transactions
- Be involved in a diverse range of project work including implementation of new regulatory requirements, supporting new business initiatives and developing applications to regulators.
- Have the opportunity to work on accounting related matters as well as regulatory policy issues
- Work closely with many teams across Finance, Risk and other parts of Morgan Stanley
The Global Accounting and Regulatory Policy team is an independent regulatory & accounting advice and review function within Finance providing support across the US, EMEA, Japan and Asia-Pacific regions. We provide centralised expertise for financial regulatory & accounting matters, with responsibility for regulatory and accounting policy interpretations, to all areas of Finance and across all areas of the firm. This includes an advisory service to all business units on new initiatives and transactions. We are heavily engaged in evolving regulations, from monitoring developments and co-ordinating advocacy strategy through to the implementation of new requirements.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
- Ability to speak and read German in order to research German legislative proposals.
- Desire to learn and coach others
- Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of prudential requirements (Basel, CRR, KWG and related German regulations, ECB Regulations) and relevant developments in these areas.
- Experience of working at a regulator or in a regulatory control department or similar function of a financial institution with exposure to a broad range of asset classes and businesses
- CA/CPA/ACCA or equivalent with 5 years post qualification experience or equivalent experience in a related field.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.