EYP - Transaction Strategy and Execution - Deal Management - Senior Director - Multiple Locations
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Senior Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon – Transaction Strategy and Execution has a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring. We are investing heavily in building our Digital practice and scaling our capabilities to continue to deliver on Digital related growth engagements, including large-scale Digital transformations, and are looking for experienced Digital leaders to join the practice.
EY-Parthenon aims to create a unique world-class strategy and transformation practice that delivers long-term value to our clients. EY-Parthenon enables our professionals to lead from the front, unlock the full potential of strategy, transactions and restructuring, and reshape work, paving the way for major transformation programs, and driving measurable impact to the rest of EY. EY-Parthenon plays a critical role in driving collaboration between sub-service lines, within service lines and across the firm. EY-Parthenon houses three strategic competencies of which Transaction Strategy and Execution's Digital practice contains our market-leading methodologies to help unlock our clients' full potential by helping them answer their most complex strategic digital questions.
As a Transaction Strategy and Execution vertical, the Digital practice brings together professionals with diverse strategic capabilities and deep sector insights to assist businesses in transforming their corporate and BU strategies to survive and thrive in a digital world. We rely upon rigorous fact-based analysis and deep sector expertise to deliver insights that provoke unconventional thinking. We assess their underlying digital business models, explore avenues for new growth, both organically and inorganically, and construct the roadmap to build, grow and transform the organization for the digital world.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Director in our Digital practice, you will be a vital member of the team helping to identify, navigate and deliver Digital opportunities with our clients, leading and executing operational and transformational focused projects. You'll execute and manage projects across all sectors, directing our client service team in developing and executing strategies for transactions Digital projects and large scale digital transformations – working across service lines. You will also be focusing on business and practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their career goals.
Skills and attributes for success
- Business Development – drive client pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our Digital practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Solutioning and problem solving – being able to listen to the clients business problem, identifying opportunities to solve through Digital, and the ability to bring firm's collective expertise to design impactful solutions.
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- People development – coach and mentor team members to support achievement of their career goals.
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Project Management – lead project teams comprising of colleagues from across the Strategy and Transactions sub service lines.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, or Analytics and 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience.
- MBA is preferred.
- Significant M&A management consulting experience.
- Ability to visualize and communicate an end-to-end digital transformation from strategy implementation to execution.
- Capability to participate in and promote a digitally innovative culture.
- Demonstrate industry expertise in the Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility sector.
- Credentials or qualifications, as well as work experience, in at least one or more of the following technologies:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analytics
- IoT/Industrial IoT
- RPA/Intelligent Automation
- Digital Twin/Digitizing Manufacturing
- Broad experience with the execution of some or more of the following Digital initiatives or skill-sets:
- Agile Methodologies, Data Strategy, Data Security, Design Thinking, Digital Procurement, Digital Readiness/Maturity Assessment, Digital Strategy, Digital Transformation, Supply Chain Transparency, Digital Thread, Factory Automation, Industry 4.0, Revenue Stream Transformation, Workforce Reimagined, Workshop Facilitation.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- Experience in business integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments.
- The ability to make detailed assessments of technology, operations or manufacturing infrastructure.
- The ability to synthesize approaches to complex integration/divestiture conflicts.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Experience working on large digital programs in complex business environments.
- Potential to grow into a leadership position within the company.
- Background of working with digital innovation hubs and an understanding of the digital start-up landscape.
- A proven record of excellence in a Digital mergers or acquisitions transactions role
- An entrepreneurial and growth mindset to continue to build our Digital practice capabilities and solutions.
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.