Manager, Finance Transformation - SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, SEATTLE, DALLAS, HOUSTON
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
MANAGER, FINANCE TRANSFORMATION -SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES, SEATTLE, DALLAS, HOUSTON
Our objective is to provide clients with a unique business perspective on how to transform the finance function - reducing cost base, increasing efficiency and quality of information, and improving decision-making through the following core areas: finance operating model design; business performance management and reporting, shared services design and implementation; finance process improvement, finance system implementation and outsourcing consulting. We've shaped a global ecosystem of CFOs, controllers and other accounting and finance executives to help our clients enhance the value they are adding to their enterprise.
- As part of our Finance Transformation team you will gain cross-industry experience working with senior leadership teams in domestic and large multi-national companies.
- You will combine your finance capability with program and change management expertise to implement and embed improvements and deliver sustainable value.
Your key responsibilities
Your role as a Manager will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements often interacting at an executive level, as well as sales and practice development activities. In this role, you will develop high- performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
You will work to deliver and manage finance transformation projects in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance strategy development
- Finance operating model design
- Finance processes improvement
- Shared services and global business services design and implementation
- Outsourcing consulting
- Financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
- Finance systems (e.g., SAP), robotics, and intelligent automation
- Financial close, consolidation and reporting
- Cost management and profitability analysis
- Order-to-cash, procure-to-pay and record-to-report processes
Core responsibilities will also include coaching and mentoring, performance appraisal and business development.
Skills and attributes for success
Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels.
Leverage automation and digital processes to help clients realize significant performance improvements quickly. Challenge and inspire both coworkers and clients in thinking about challenging situations in new and transformative ways.
By drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll provide innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives.
In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under the responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or master’s degree
- Approximately 5 years of experience in providing consulting services in the finance function in at least one of the following areas; finance operating model design, performance management, shared services design and implementation, outsourcing consulting, and ERP implementation
- Experience leading teams, managing engagement economics and business development
- Strong analytical mindset
- Strong commercial awareness
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location up to 80% of the time and valid passport is required.
Ideally you'll also have
- An advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Operations or superior academic achievement in a related field
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends for their area of expertise and specific skills and knowledge to contribute to our clients and teams. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.