Australia PAR Business Analyst
Delivery of IG Australia business reporting cycles, providing clear and articulate commentary to senior decision makers regarding the underlying business results. Delivery of the IG Australia Business Plan, comprising the long-term Strategic Plan with Plan Updates, and the Operating Plan and appraisals.
The Business Analyst will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for compiling the reporting, planning and performance appraisal submissions. He or she will be working closely with functional stakeholders to achieve this goal, needing to understand their issues, constructively challenge their inputs and together deliver a high-quality submission.
Individually, this position will have responsibility for a wide variety of deliverables related to the reporting, planning and appraisal process. This role will provide input and advice directly and/or indirectly to Senior leaders in the organization.
- Contribute to preparation and submission of the annual Business Plan and related assessments to together ensure a sound submission, including operational, economic and financial KPIs
- Contribute to preparation and submission of Latest Estimates, performance overviews and appraisals
- Contribute to preparation and submission of the MI packs, including commentaries and dashboards
- Ensuring that performance is well analyzed and explained in management information packs delivered on a regular basis
- Other MI reporting as necessary
- Resolve reporting issues and provide steers on financial queries
- Ad hoc analysis for leadership teams, including insights on financials/results, working capital analysis, price movement impact on cash/earnings, etc.
- Monthly cost analysis and tracking
- Take ownership for quality of data and analysis with specific asset focus, and for specific KPIs. For example, NIBIAT, Cashflow, Production.
- Provide insightful analysis which incorporates external perspective - to support decision-making and drive the performance improvement agenda
- Pilot and embed innovative solutions for PAR that leverage new technologies to make PAR delivery more efficient and effective
- Initiate and contribute to processes and tools improvement as part of enabler to PAR Engine
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders, to deepen team's understanding of underlying issues within the Plan
- Where relevant coach other team members in areas of expertise
- University degree in a finance related discipline with preference for a professional qualification and/or certification like CIMA an MBA, etc.)
- 5-8 years of relevant professional experience
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- Excellent communication skills, clarity of thought and ability to translate complex raw data into simple, powerful and easy to communicate key messages & insights
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Evidence of external focus and understanding of the energy industry, competitors, suppliers and markets is helpful
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- A proactive, enquiring mind with the ability to pay attention to the detail as well as step back to understand the bigger picture;
- Exposure or experience with continuous improvement
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.