Valuation Risk Analyst
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the Investment Banking business
- Work with and obtain in-depth knowledge of a wide-range of financial products – from plain vanilla cash product to the most exotic structured derivatives products
- Assist in driving process improvements projects, such as automation and innovation initiatives
- Engagement with the other offices globally, including New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Get exposure to one or more of these Asset Classes: Equity, Commodities, Credit, Lending and Interest- and FX rates
- Undertake monthly independent valuations of a global portfolio of financial assets using external data sources and internal models
- Present to and communicate with traders regularly to convey valuation results and discuss marking methodologies
- Review valuation and risk models, while working closely with model developers
- Enhance and streamline existing working processes
- Understand global financial markets, follow market movements and comprehend the impact on the portfolio and firm
- Strong academics required, with preference for a quantitative discipline such as financial engineering, mathematics, physics, engineering or other technical field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Problem solving skills with which you can apply logical thinking to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- The ability to be flexible and adapt quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Curiosity and eagerness to engage in professional development
- Fluency in English
Team Profile: Morgan Stanley Valuation Control provide an independent valuation opinion across the entire spectrum of financial instruments within the firm's sales and trading inventory and proprietary investment portfolio, ranging from vanilla products to the most complex structured and derivative transactions. The team leverages its diverse quantitative skill set and intimate product expertise to act as a guardian and approver of valuation methodology. The group's key clients are senior trading management and senior Finance management.
The team is mandated to perform an independent valuation assessment on the diverse range of financial products. This process involves the certification of models and their valuation methodologies, testing for adherence to such methodologies, evaluating internal valuation marks against external benchmarks, identification and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating a valuation assessment to senior management. The team is also involved in the continuous enhancements of the valuation control infrastructure with a view towards global and cross-product standardization.
About us: Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.