Global Tax Automation | Tax Data Analyst
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Tax Data Analyst on our Finance team in Penang.
Dell is a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation, so our Tax team has a huge task in ensuring that we meet our tax obligations. It’s a wide-ranging area – from tax research, planning and compliance, through to developing and implementing systems to support data collection, analysis, preparation and submission. Whether preparing and completing tax returns and reports, catching up with the latest developments in tax law or answering enquiries from a host of internal and external customers, we’re always switched on and on top of our game.
The Global Tax Automation team is looking for a team member with a data driven skill set to take on challenges across a number of countries in support of all our tax functions, including indirect tax compliance (digital tax reporting), controversy management (audit data analysis), transfer pricing (data modeling), and tax return automation.
As part of Digital Tax Controllership, we aim to automate processes end to end. You would join the team in an as a business PM or coordinator role, working with the broader GTA team to address ongoing tax compliance issues and projects.
We are looking for individuals that can envision a new way of doing things. Someone that is curious to learn how things work, then drive to make it more efficient – introducing new technologies along the way. Someone that has a “grown mindset” and does not see a personal limit to what they can do and learn. As you develop in this role, and become more familiar with tax concepts, processes, people, and the “end to end” requirements, you must be able to recommend end to end solutions. Meaning, while the day to day job may be to support our systems and projects, in the broader Automation role you strive to understand and thus automate the processes end to end to reduce manual work.
This may mean either introducing emerging technologies like Data Analytics, Machine Learning, or Robotics by partnering with other GTA team members, partnering with IT team members, or any other teams you think you need to build to resolve the underlying issue.
- Coordinate and PM (project manager) as needed various tax driven projects, or interlock projects that impact tax
- Solution, test, document and apply updates to resolve issues
- Develop an in-depth functional knowledge of tax systems, particularly the ONESOURCE Tax Determination engine or Alteryx
- Develop understanding of systems that interface with tax systems, viz., sales, product, order management, and invoicing systems.
- Identify and document business requirements, process flows, system flows, etc.
- Develop test scenarios from User Stories / acceptance criteria when required
- Drive resolution of issues back into appropriate groups to ensure resolution when appropriate.
- Work to continuously analyze overall processes and identify changes to streamline activities and drive down costs
- Assist business partners in understanding tax systems functionality
- Ability and willingness to pick up and develop technical knowledge on the job, through formal training sessions and through self-education;
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex systems issues to drive resolution.
- Able to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines and business demands
- Able to work well in a small, collaborative team and fast paced environment
- Minimum 5 yr. BA/BS degree, Computer Science, MIS or IT background preferred
- Tax familiarity preferred, but not required
- Power BI or Alteryx experience preferred, but not required
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to manage tax in a global, multi-billion-dollar business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.