Finance Controlling Manager (Corporate Accounting)
Corporate C&C is a team that looks after Consumer Corporate service & IP entities based in the UK and US, which play one of the major roles in the central cost allocation and home for the group wise components, like pensions, insurances, intangible assets, etc.
The Corporate C&C team is responsible for delivering the financial reporting, compliance, and control services, covering a wide scope of Global Support Functions, Corporate area, and intercompany transactions.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controlling Manager to join our Financial Reporting team for Europe, located in our newly created Finance Hub in Poznan.
How you will contribute to our success:
- Take full responsibility for all controller activities for the Corporate entities in the UK and the US including SOX compliance and control governance
- Be outward facing to senior stakeholders, accountable for the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the month end, quarter end and procedures. This role will also own the Balance Sheet for a regional segment
- Transform the provision of Financial Reporting activities for a defined base of customers in our newly created European center in Poznan
- Deliver high end Corporate R2R activities through a team of accountants located in Poznan
- Drive service performance for the remote Service Provider located in India (performing General Ledger, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities), balancing cost, quality, customer experience and risk management
- Take responsibility for the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the IFRS reporting (corporate reporting) and the Balance Sheet for all the Corporate Entities in the UK in the US
- Interface with Process Service Delivery Leads overseeing the provision of certain accounting services namely Fixed Assets and Intercompany for the Corporate entities
- Be the point of contact and escalation for all the Group Controller team members located in the Poznan hub and also with the CRM in the hub to ensure that there is consistency in working practices within the hub and is daily on-site point of contact
- Lead a team of accountants co-located in Poznan and oversee BPO teams performing GL, Period End Close and Balance Sheet Reconciliation activities)
- Accounting degree or qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in Financial Reporting / or Audit Firm (at least 8 years of working experience in relevant area)
- Deep understanding of R2R End to End processes and associated technology platforms
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working in a Control / SOX environment
- Experience of working in a corporate/SSC environment and/or experience of managing of BPO for a sizeable company
- Fluent English (minimum C1)
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.