Digital Accounts Associate
We are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join our expanding Corporate and Business Services team. This is a newly created role that will involve specialising in cloud accounting.
Working with a portfolio of clients, you will have specific responsibility to help ensure the completeness and accuracy of our clients digital accounting data.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Ranked one of the Top 5 Best Accounting Firms to Work For, Bishop Fleming has ambitious growth plans.
Innovative and forward-thinking, we have an award-winning approach that underpins our ambition to be the most rewarding accountancy firm for our clients, our people and our communities.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Conducting weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Assisting clients with the maintenance of their digital accounting records.
- Conducting routine reconciliations and accounting adjustments whilst optimising digital app integration for efficiencies.
- Performing ‘digital health checks’ on client’s financial data to identify areas of weakness and make suggestions for improvement.
- Deliver client specific training and support for their cloud accounting needs
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- A detailed working knowledge of Xero and other cloud accounting systems
- Previous experience of working within a busy finance team (either in-house or in a practice)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ideally applicants will be AAT Qualified but this isn’t essential
Please contact Hazel Tucker; Partner or Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.