FSO IAAS Life & Health Senior - Advisory (Location Open)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
FSO IAAS LIFE & HEALTH SENIOR - ADVISORY (LOCATION OPEN) – NEW YORK (PRIMARY), BOSTON, CHICAGO, CHARLOTTE
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Right from the start you’ll be working on multiple projects for high-profile brands - so you’ll need excellent time management skills. It’s a highly collaborative department, so you can expect support, advice and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. If you’re ready to rise to the challenge of meeting clients directly to provide meaningful business insights, with the potential for significant travel, there’s no better place to progress within the industry.
Your key responsibilities
It’s all about providing the knowledge our clients need to execute strategies and resolve complex issues. You will participate on client engagement teams in a wide variety of areas including:
- Financial Reporting
- Risk Management
- Actuarial Transformation®
- Financial Modeling
- Retirement Income and Pension Risk Transfer
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Actuarial Tax
- Customer Analytics and Predictive Modeling
- Managed Services
- Audit Support
Skills and attributes for success
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services.
- Monitor progress,manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business, regulatory and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical actuarial capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Commit to developing a strong personal brand by staying informed regarding economic/market developments and their impact on the firm's clients. Continually progress towards attaining professional credentials from the Society of Actuaries and/or other industry organizations.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an actuarial-oriented position.
- Actively pursuing Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries, with a minimum of 3 actuarial exams passed.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and actuarial-related software, including AXIS, Prophet, ALFA, MOSES, VBA, C++ or other actuarial related software.
- Strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Ideally you’ll also have
- Willingness to travel 40% to meet client needs.
What we look for
We’re most interested in intellectually curious actuaries with a clear passion for actuarial work. You’ll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects. A
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.