Strategy and Transactions - Financial Services - Transaction Support - Senior Manager - Dublin
Strategy and Transactions – Financial Services - Transaction Support – Senior Manager - Dublin
What is FSO Strategy and Transactions?
The integration of our Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) practices means that the Financial Service Office (FSO) Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team comprises nearly 600 dedicated financial services transaction professionals, in Dublin, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Brussels, , Amsterdam, Milan, Madrid and Zurich.
Our Ireland FSO SaT practice is an integral part of our EMEIA TAS team, and as a result of sustained growth and significant market activity in the Irish market the team continues to grow across all of our services.
The breadth and depth of the FSO landscape
The variety and scale of opportunity within the EY financial services landscape is compelling and provides a readily addressable transactions market incorporating aircraft leasing, international and domestic banking, alternative non-bank lending platforms, retail and institutional wealth management, insurance, re-insurance, global fund services business, asset servicing, investment management, Fintech, International payments and global private equity.
Who are Strategy and Transactions?
We support and advise our clients on achieving their corporate strategic ambitions at all stages of the capital life cycle.
As a SaT professional you will have the opportunity to work and lead on global and high profile engagements as part of a market leading team, combined with significant development opportunities to step up and take early responsibility.
Our projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines and jurisdictions, as well as other professional advisers, you'll work with the world’s leading corporate organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the largest cross-border engagements in the global market.
In Ireland, you will join a growing team of diverse transaction professionals within an established EY Financial Services business. You'll help our clients to make better and more informed decisions about how they manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimise, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
If you understand capital and how to make it work harder, Strategy and Transactions will offer the career opportunities you’re looking for. A genuinely accessible option for those who wish to develop their career internationally
What will I be doing?
Typical activities will include the following:
- Our Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within SaT and other Service Lines (Transaction tax, Process & Operations, Regulatory etc). Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
- As a senior team member you will be contributing to the shaping of the go-to-market proposition, the development of our key strategic relationships and the enhancement of our profile in the deals market.
- Typically, you will lead a team to analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management.
- Based on understanding the key business drivers, prepare and review analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact funding requirements and deal valuation
- Project manage EY teams and stakeholders while working forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the Ireland and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Connect with specialists in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and communicate accordingly with clients
- Be an advocate for embracing digital disruption and the insight available from data analytics to enhance how we collaborate and work with our clients
- Play a important role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
- Work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, risk management, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior management members on progress.
- Help to create a positive learning culture for team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management, target client research and recruitment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record including a degree in Business / Commerce or equivalent qualification
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Extensive and proven transaction diligence experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrate a keen interest in financial services market
- Commercial awareness gained through direct experience of the financial services ad private equity sector
- Excellent analytical, IT and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work well within a team
- Highly effective written and verbal communication
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Strong word, excel and PowerPoint skills
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.