Senior Audit Manager
Job Title: SENIOR MANAGER – AUDIT
Reporting to: Audit Partner
Base: Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2
Contract type: Full time / Permanent
Crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 Firms in Ireland. The firm currently has 15 Partners and over 125 staff.
This Senior Manager role will provide a platform for anyone seeking to further broaden their overall managerial, knowledge and skills within a busy, dynamic and growing Audit department. The job holder will work with the Audit Partner(s) across the practice to deliver a wide range of audit portfolios.
The post holder will lead supervisors, seniors and trainees on audit assignments. This senior role is part of the management team in the Crowe career framework. It is an ideal opportunity for anyone seeking to further their career in Practice.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Project manage the delivery of a broad range of assignments and supervise the junior team members as required. Review audit working papers and finalise financial statements ensuring fully accurate ready for partner sign off.
- Manage the identification of appropriate resolution plans and guidance to address any identified areas for non – compliance.
- Manage the WIP, billing, timesheets, recoverability of the portfolio, assignment scheduling, planning, staffing and structure with the firm compliance and general administration regulations.
- Actively participate to the department and firm strategy. Keep abreast with the market, client, technical developments and associate bodies activities to ensure firm’s activities are aligned.
- Manage, mentor and motivate the teams ensuring that constructive feedback is provided from assignments reports and fully participate in all Performance Management initiatives as required. Deliver on and off the job training as required.
- Participate and assist when required with tenders and / or fee quotes when required.
- Project lead the provision of advice to clients on Audit planning and risk management opportunities. Work with partners in a variety of consultancy projects.
- Take ownership of own business development portfolio which will have an agreed mix of current and new clients. Proactively pitch for new business and drive growth of the firm.
- Manage client relationships. Contact, liaise and foster business relationship that develops the client portfolio further.
- Manage the delivery of assignments to a high standard of quality, while adhering to allotted timescales, budgets and resource allocation and presenting the assignment for completion to Partner. Ensure all assignments have clear supporting rationale.
- Proactively liaise and build effective working relationships with firm staff in all disciplines (Audit, Tax, Company Secretarial etc.) to facilitate and support the Audit Department.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the Firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential Knowledge & Skills: -
- A fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) is essential.
- 5 plus years relevant PQE
- Experience in using CaseWare would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of Irish GAAP, International Standards on Auditing (Ireland) (ISAs (Ireland)) and Irish company law.
- Demonstrable understanding of multiple Audit clients and awareness of topical issues
- Evidence of strong technical competence.
- Proven ability to work on a diverse range of clients across multiple sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed Project Management skills plus the proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Essential competencies: -
- People Leadership: Proven ability to listen, build rapport, influence and build relationships & keen to develop career into a more senior management role. Proven experience in supervising trainee accountants.
- Practice Management: Proven ability to focus on performance, meeting deadlines and producing results. A proven decision maker, evidence of sound judgement and common sense
- Client Leadership: Displays confidentiality, confidence, agility and affinity with client and sector specialisms.
- Business Development: A strategic thinker, takes ownership of learning, empathy with client needs, seeks way to improve. Evidence of enthusiasm and keeps abreast of developments in this sector.