FAS Supervisor/Assistant Manager
Overall job purpose
You will be a member of the growing financial accounting and advisory services national team based in the Basingstoke office. You will be responsible for working on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting and business advisory assignments. As a supervisor you would be expected to complete technically challenging projects. This will include the practical application of accounting standards under FRS 102, IFRS and FRS 101, group reconstructions and accounting considerations, conversion to different GAAP, technical accounting papers and acquisition accounting support.
Where capacity allows, this role would also include assisting the compliance teams in the preparation of statutory accounts under IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS 102.
The fast growth of the department will create opportunities to develop further skill sets including business development and coaching of junior staff. It will also present an opportunity to work with a variety of colleagues and businesses across the UK, as well as supporting your local office.
A strong understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS 101 and FRS 102) accounting principles is essential.
- Taking the lead on delivering accountancy advisory projects for clients as they arise, for example: group reconstruction work, IFRS transition consultancy work, reporting on the accounting considerations for a specific contract or transaction series, support on acquisition accounting, and complex consolidations.
- To act as a focal point of contact with the clients. To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified to the assignment manager and/or partner immediately. To identify and form suggested solutions.
- Management of a portfolio of clients and projects, including client care responsibilities, project management and WIP/billing management.
- To practise the principles of excellent client service always. The position will involve significant client contact.
- To liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 101, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- To act as a coach to more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required. This role has the opportunity for line management of junior staff depending on experience.
- A willingness to travel to client’s premises is required. However, the significant proportion of work is office-based working within our fast-growing team.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- ACA Qualified or equivalent.
- UK GAAP and IFRS financial reporting experience.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with clients.
- Experience of supervision of junior staff.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.