Payroll Team Leader
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
To get the job you'll love
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As part of your role as Payroll Team Leader you will manage a portfolio of clients to accurately deliver the end to end payroll process and auto enrolment compliance. You will provide technical and administrative support to the Payroll Manager as well as helping and supporting the development of junior members of the team. As part of your role you will identify client specific requirements and service improvements and report where necessary to the Payroll Manager.
As part of the management support team, your journey will continue via mentorship by the management team in both your local office and wider network to provide soft skills development such as more effective client management and staff management. Personal coaching will continue as your journey continues beyond formal qualifications which can be tailored to your own individual aspirations.
You will have
To be successful in this role you will have experience in leading a team, be CIPP qualified or training towards and have 4-5 years experience in payroll.
A note from the hiring manager
“You will be joining a forward-thinking, progressive Team with a supportive and friendly atmosphere. The role provides an exciting opportunity for a talented Individual to become involved in a diverse and interesting client portfolio. Excellent on-the-job training will be provided, together with the opportunity to advance your career within a dynamic business.”
What's in it for you?
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it’s time to step back and relax.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + an extra day off on your Birthday! – Time to focus on your family and what’s important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Lead Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can plan both a career and a family
- Agile Working – We’re on a mission to give you back your time.
- Life Assurance – 4 x times salary, our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus – We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal – Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities – Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events – Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching – Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
Our values & motivations
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.