Portfolio Services Analyst, Officer
Team members of the SSGA North America Portfolio Services teams are responsible for ensuring service level attainment and providing a risk based oversight program to effectively and efficiently oversee the operational functions handled by State Street Investment Manager Services. The team is also responsible for multiple operational functions that haven’t transitioned to State Street Investment Manager Services. The position we currently have open is in support of proxy voting which was not transitioned. The individual’s primary responsibility is making sure those portfolios electing to follow the SSGA Standard Proxy Voting Guidelines are setup correctly at our third-party vendor and the custodians and to handle or assist in reporting inquiries. Overtime responsibilities will expand first to other retained functions within the team and then to the oversight program of State Street Investment Manager Services.
As Portfolio Services Analyst, you will:
- You will act as one of the primary contacts for proxy voting setups and reporting
- You will coordinate proxy setups on new fund and custodian changes with our proxy vendor and custodians
- You will review daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports created by the proxy vendor and assist with any issues identified
- You will ensure the necessary documentation is in place for SSGA products (ie POAs) to vote
- You will support the Data Governance Team and other internal SSGA parties on proxy inquiries
- You will produce data and participate in the Proxy Voting Committee meetings
- Overtime you will begin performing Core Services retained within SSGA Operations which include the following:
- Broker Onboarding – You will coordinate obtaining and sending required documentation for MiFID II, KYC, Tax, ISDAs, and MSFTAs with the relevant teams
- Broker Additions/Revisions – You will liaise with the Traders, Credit Risk, Brokers, Compliance, IMS Trade Administration and IT to setup brokers or process any changes
- Coordinate documentation and re-documentation with brokers and internal SSGA parties
- Once the proxy voting and core services functions are mastered you will oversee activities outsourced to our service provider State Street Investment Manager Services with other teammates
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong familiarity of the standard/basic proxy workflow
- BA/BS in business related fields
- 5+ years of Investment Management and/or Fund Accounting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are favored.
- Strong analysis and problem resolution skills. You should demonstrate the ability to identify issue, propose solution and implement them.
- Motivated individual who possesses the capacity to work in an energizing environment
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.