Fund Administration Manager, HFS
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients' from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
Role is for Head of Operations of Northern Trust's Hedge Fund Services business for the APAC region. The role is responsible for both managing the middle office operations groups including Clearing & Settlements; Corporate Actions; Over The Counter (OTC) Derivatives; Foreign Exchange; Repos; Fund Processing; Product Control; and for indirect oversight of the Fund Accounting and Investor Services teams. You will manage a team of 4-5 managers and directs who also have their own direct reports.
Key will be people management through performance management, career development, staffing and disciplinary actions. Makes staffing and hiring decisions and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities. Works with directs and offshore team to find operational efficiencies, reduce risk and drive strategic initiatives. Engage and work with our clients as the core representative of HFS operations. Provides leadership support to the managers in the team.
- Responsible for managing all operational groups in Hong Kong for Hedge Fund Services.
- Liaise and provide oversight of offshore teams that support our clients
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff.
- Makes staffing decisions, manages expenses and salary review process for the division.
- Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Ensure operational teams are meeting client and internal partners deliverables and KPIs
- Carries out complex initiatives and liaising with business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Working with relationship managers to streamline client operational processes and reduce risk.
- Works alongside Head of HFS, APAC to provide input into and execute the business strategy plan
- Coordinates strategic direction of business operational functions and IT development prioritization.
Your skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth operational and industry knowledge is required
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine Hedge Fund Services goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred
- Prior managerial experience
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America's best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.