Government and Public Sector Assistant Controller - Open to EST and CST cities
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Government and Public Sector (“GPS”) is seeking a full-time Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller will report to the GPS Controller. The Assistant Controller will support the execution of accounting operations for GPS, production of periodic financial reports, and maintenance of an adequate accounting system.
In this role you’ll be responsible for day-to-day operational management of the GPS Accounting organization and related business systems, ensuring adherence to policies, applicable law and regulations, procedures, and internal controls.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist the Controller in developing and implementing policies, procedures, goals and priorities related to accounting and financial management of GPS
- Ensure compliance with FAR and DFARS regulations applicable to US government contracts and the Costpoint accounting system
- Work with GPS Accounting teams to ensure all aspects of financial health including GL account balances, accounting vendor performance, research of financial issues, GAAP and CAS-related issues and a variety of other tasks related to accounting are performed
- Lead or assist with the month end close process, including preparing allocations, intercompany journal entries, GL and account reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare periodic internal financial and external regulatory reporting, including but not limited to profit-and-loss statements, cash reports, and indirect rate performance reports
- Interface with other GPS enablement teams to assist with processes such as contract briefings, subcontractor management, contract close-out
- Support various business system and incurred cost audits
- Develop tools and templates that facilitate process improvements
- Participate in projects to enhance the functionality of Deltek Costpoint and related applications
- Assist in other accounting projects as directed by management
- Assist with preparation of cost and budget analyses
- Hire, develop and retain skilled accounting staff
Skills and attributes for success:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Ability to write to communicate in various formats (e.g., draft policies, job aids/desktop guides, emails)
- Ability to work with a diverse and geographically distributed team
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience in a government contracting environment
- 3+ years working in a supervisory capacity in an accounting / finance function
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint accounting modules
- Working knowledge of FAR Part 31 and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and other regulatory requirements impacting the accounting system
- Experience supporting the preparation of the annual planning and budgeting
- Experience in application of appropriate revenue recognition methods in a government contracting services organization
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Power Point
- The ability to obtain a government security clearance
Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience supporting implementation of Deltek Costpoint
- Experience supporting preparation of incurred cost submissions
- Experience supporting accounting system audits by DCAA
- Experience interfacing with and supporting development of forward pricing rates
- Working knowledge of SAP
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.