Fund Accounting & Administration, VP
This is a senior level management role within the Private Equity & Real Assets Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group.
The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments. The position is responsible for managing departments experiencing significant growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall direction to department managers and subordinate staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operations goals and objectives
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of control
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Participate in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals
- Allocate and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments
- Provide leadership in areas outside of the division
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- Previous accounting and/or financial service operations experience, preferably with Alternatives or Private Markets, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- Solid business unit management specifically in the private equity industry is required.
- Professional accounting qualification is a plus.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Investran knowledge is a plus
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills