Manager of Financial Sector, Advisory / Risk Management
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
- Advanced position in the FS consulting and Financial Risk Management team, part of KPMG’s Advisory practice
- Responsible for delivering smaller projects (2-3 people) and/or modules within larger projects for our clients (including budget responsibility), overseen by partner or director
- Leading, advising and training junior staff on and off projects
- Managing relationship and interaction with counterparties at the client site
- Contributing to the business development activities, such as development of service propositions, support of proposal activities, contribution to thought leadership pieces etc.
- Active involvement in recruitment, training, knowledge development activities etc.
- Direct reporting to Head of FS consulting/FRM in Ukraine
Requirements for the candidate
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in consulting firms with focus on financial services, and/or risk management/transformation or project office/ strategy / finance obtained in financial institutions (preferably in banks) or other companies in the field of banking or financial services
- Knowledge of credit process (incl. risk management); good practical experience in at least one of the fields of credit risk processes (e.g. retail, SME or corporate)
- Good understanding of bank organization and structure, bank governance processes, front–back processes
- Knowledge of Basel II/III regulations as well as financial reporting (especially IFRS 9) is highly beneficial
- Good understanding of relevant Ukrainian banking regulations
- Optional: management and/or participation in the projects for development/transformation of the business processes (credit, back-office, branch network management etc.) and corporate governance improvement will be a significant advantage
- Optional: Experience in project management and in coordinating and communicating with senior management and business heads
- Strong communication and social skills, project management skills
- Proficient analytical skills and an ability to settle issues
- High motivation, creativity and team player attitudes
- Good business judgment and pragmatism
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in leading (small) teams
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Economics/Business Administration from a leading universities or in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance, or similar degree)
- Optional: PhD or MBA in one of those fields or studying in a Western university is a plus
- Optional: Additional certificates like CFA, FRM, PRM, PMP is a plus
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Fluent in Ukrainian (written and verbal)
- Fluent in Russian (written and verbal)
Additional skills/requirements (desirable):
- Good skills in MS Office (esp. Powerpoint, Excel and Word)
- Readiness for traveling (if necessary, dependent on project needs)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.