Global Outsourcing Executive - Bristol
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Are you looking to further develop your career in accountancy? We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance and whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
BDO’s Bristol Global Outsourcing specialises in providing international accounting services to global businesses. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
We’ll help you succeed
You will work as part of a dedicated team, working closely with, and supporting more experienced members of the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services to our clients. You will carry out various accounting tasks for their respective projects, including more complex accounting areas with support from the Senior. You assist junior members of the team with their work, helping to implement any changes that would make the project more efficient or effective. You may also start to take on some Senior responsibilities such as resourcing, leading client calls and reviewing work prepared by a junior team member or the shared service centre. You will work with a team of technical and non-technical staff and report up to senior executives and client manager. You will also:
- Review postings made by junior team members and management pack preparation for various client entities (or review of pack prepared by the SSC).
- Carry out first review of compliance returns prepared by local offices, including more complex returns. Investigate and reconcile historic differences where issues arise.
- Assist junior team members with managing workload.
- Help junior team members with more technical aspects of the work, in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Ensure that clients’ needs are met with regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements. Ensuring that other team members are responding to queries raised by the client for areas of the project that they are responsible for.
- Suggest and implement process improvements and efficiencies. Drives continuous improvement and gathers suggestions from junior team members for discussion with the Senior/Manager
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Part qualified – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Three A levels grade A* to C (excluding general studies and extended projects)
- Grade A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Great Plains, Accounts IQ, Netsuite, etc.
- Experience working with US clients with variety of foreign operations
- Experience of accounting for funds (property funds, private equity, investment management etc) highly desirable but not essential
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.