The Financial Planning, Analysis and Systems team in Icon Water are seeking a dedicated and motivated in-house financial analyst to join the team. You will be primarily assisting to undertake financial planning and analysis services to Icon Water. You will be required to facilitate and monitor the financial performance and to provide tactical insights to assist with decision making.
As the Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis, you will:
- Contribute to the preparation and analysis of annual and long-term budgets for payroll, expenditure, revenue, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts, analysis and reporting which includes including revenue, expenditure, cash flow and balance sheet.
- Assist with preparation of end of month results, management reporting and supporting analysis.
- Assist the team to support and partner with the Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer business areas.
- Reconciliation of capital expenditure between financial and project management systems.
- Promote and maintain toolsets/templates to collect and report budget, forecasting, management information as required for business reporting requirements.
- Assist with ACT Government and regulatory submission reporting requirements.
You will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting.
- Membership or working towards a membership of CPA or CAANZ.
- Experience in quantitative, financial and analytical skills within a corporate working environment.
- Experience with financial models used for budgeting and forecasting.
- Working experience in using account types such as, Assets, Liabilities, Revenues, Expenses and Owners Equity.
- Knowledge in profit, cash flow and balance sheet budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting.
- Exposure to project accounting and project financial management.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- Experience in the use of financial reporting and business intelligence tools such as Oracle, TM1 and Tableau/Power BI.
We encourage you to submit your resume and a maximum two-page cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities to can bring to be successful. We encourage candidates to refer to the “you will need” section of the advertising when applying.
Applications will close Friday 15 October 2021
For more information about the role, please contact Rebecca Dukes, Senior Analyst on (02) 6180 6867. For assistance with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.