Business Navigator Manager | IKEA
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have strong analytical and tactical planning abilities. You have proven leadership abilities and lead by example. You have excellent communication and training skills. You can build effective working relationships and have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers to motivate and develop the organization.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Commerce/Business Administration Graduate with experience in Audit, ERP system and Financial reporting
- 3 - 5years Retail Management experience, financial & accounting experience preferred
- Prior work experience preferably in Retail industry, IKEA experience preferred
- Highly developed understanding of retail operations
- Strong knowledge in Profit & Loss management
- Experience of managing teams/departments
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
About the Role
You navigate the growth of IKEA and steer the business towards sustained long term profitability by being driven by IKEA business, culture and values with focus on sustainable profitability and being a proactive trustworthy partner taking multi-dimensional view in becoming the leader in life at home. You identify and evaluate business opportunities to enable IKEA organizations to make optimum decisions. You Initiate and support the development of new ways of working, with focus on simplicity. You provide relevant and user friendly business information standardized for all IKEA organization and being custodian of Al Futtaim groups policies and procedures and guide store team to mitigate business risks. You use the IKEA knowledge and the local market to work together with the Store Management team members in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way, so as to steer the Store towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives and values.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Financial and Operations
- Participate in the creation of the yearly Store Business Plan and the follow up on same
- Creation of the Store Sales Tree on yearly, monthly, weekly and daily basis and follow up on the same
- Introduce standard Reasons Codes (Recovery Index) for all other Store’s KPIs and follow up through proactive actions plans
- Ensure that all administration routines are followed throughout the Store and show a proactive approach in suggesting checks and corrections in the operational processes. This must be based on a routine schedule so feedback is communicated to the CRM & Ops Manager and the Store Manager. All areas of the Store: goods receiving/ home delivery/ checkouts/ cash office/pass-outs/ IKEA Food for example must have regular audits executed.
- Continue to investigate areas of the Store that could lead to possible stock losses and fraud if routines are not updated and communicated.
- Show a proactive approach by using information from Co-workers/ meetings etc. to assess areas where possible stock losses and fraud could be found.
- If there are fraud cases or any type of activity related to economic misconduct you lead the investigation and prepare all case related material to see through that these cases are resolved.
- Understand and help the Store Manager control expenses in the P&L for the Store and identify areas of opportunities and highlight out of line situations.
- Be responsible for safety & security in the total Store.
- Prepare all CAPEX investment requests for decision by the Store board.
- Secure that there are “Super Users” appointed for all IT systems used in the store and that there are clear training plans in place and succession plans for these roles.
- Track the actual Manpower HC vs Budget and drive relevant recruitment actions with the accountable Store HRBP
Cash Office Operations
- Manage and control the cash office functions and ensure daily/ weekly and monthly routines are followed.
- Audit the entire Store to ensure that previous audit reports are followed with documented checks are in place.
- Ensure that accurate reports are provided to the Store/ Regional Office Management consistently to meet reporting deadlines.
- Maintain data archives in the system to facilitate easy access when required.
- Audit measures to make sure that daily reconciliation of collections are true and fair in all aspects.
- Audit the cash in the Business Navigation department.
- Support the Regional Office in creating, amending SOPs based on improving the operational efficiencies, but without compromising on the operational standards.
- Supervise the following – Not exclusive, however a priority;
- Daily reconciliation of store takings & reporting
- Forex reconciliation and monitoring of exchange rates
- Cheques collection and control
- Tally of safe fund daily
- Credit Card reconciliation
- Gift Vouchers redemption and reconciliation
- Banking of the various tender types
- Store Petty Cash
Supplier/ Contracts Management
- Responsible for maintaining proactive relationships with external suppliers and contractors on a regular basis to reduce costs of stationary and to question LPO’s and the reason for the spend.
People Management & Development
- Develop the admin executives to be able to understand and manage the role when the Admin and Audit Manager is absent.
- Lead and train the team to be able to carry out all cash office and admin/audit functions.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.