Consulting - Supply Chain and Procurement - Senior Consultant
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
- Support teams in understanding the country specific supply chains and potential localization opportunities in the respective industry.
- Engage with cross functional internal and client teams to understand and develop strategies to bolster the local supply base, talent pool, and attract foreign investments.
- Assess and understand the impact of localization strategies to economic development, job creation, and competitiveness.
- Create and deliver senior CxO presentations throughout the consulting engagements
- Develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in supply chain localization and procurement trends in industries such as energy, retail, aviation or healthcare and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Develop deep expertise in supply chain localization strategies regionally and globally and apply learnings to the GCC market.
- Apply analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills to address the client’s business problem.
- Have an understanding of the end-to-end procurement process from procurement strategy, supplier management, strategic sourcing, and contract management.
- Ability to conduct high level spend analysis mainly aimed at understanding supplier landscape for materials and services categories.
- Have an understanding of leading practice supplier development frameworks and programs regionally and globally
- Ability to develop excel models to understand baseline localization spend and forecast localization spend for specific sectors of the economy. Additionally, have an understanding of the impact to GDP from localization efforts.
- Ability to translate analysis and spend analytic findings into meaningful presentation for C suite executives.
- Bring exceptional project management skills, from strategy through to execution.
- Work with colleagues across the PwC network on client projects and internal initiatives, where appropriate;
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world, especially on existing localization frameworks regionally and globally;
- Keep up to date with current trends in the Oil & Gas sector including new technologies disrupting the sector.
- Act as a mentor and train other members of the business unit and the project team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Ability to build relationships with client’s middle management.
- Whilst working in the CIPS team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Manufacturing, Business Studies.
- Masters’ degree in Engineering and/or MBA is preferable.
- The following qualification(s) are recommended but not mandatory for the candidate to perform the role Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certification in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM) or any comparable accreditations.
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role - Six Sigma, Lean, PMP
- Years of Experience: 4-6 years of relevant experience in one or multiple areas such as (but not limited to) – localization strategy, procurement strategy, economic strategy, procurement spend analysis, supplier development, workforce development, supply chain, etc.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.