Senior Project Accounting Specialist
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Project Accounting team acts as finance analyst/controller for key Motorola system implementation projects in Europe, Africa and Middle East region. The team works independently with project managers having responsibility over overall project financials.
- Maintaining projects with reference to the contract, Motorola Accounting policies, US GAAP, statutory requirements and SOX controls. Ensure that this is applied throughout the life of the project,
- Working with the project manager to ensure that project is correctly tracked for Profit and Loss actual and forecast, invoicing and cash collection status,
- Create profit improvement and cost reduction plans that will be continually monitored, processed and updated,
- Monitor activities from other operational organization in relationship to projects (Bid and Quote, Engineering),
- Being responsible for accurate Profit and Loss accounting and Balance Sheet position,
- Preparing and posting various Journal Entries,
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation,
- Monthly, quarterly reporting of project data,
- Cooperating with other departments to resolve cross-functional matters,
- Addressing audit questions,
- Analyzing existing accounting processes, proposing changes and participating in or leading the process and system improvements implementation, participating in new initiatives.
- At least 4 years of finance experience - Project Accounting will be an asset,
- University degree in Finance or Accounting,
- Understanding of financial metrics, specifically: revenue, costs, and cash,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to details,
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with Finance and non-Finance staff at various levels,
- Excellent Excel skills,
- Experience with Oracle Financials will be an asset,
- Excellent English (spoken, written), candidate is able to hold project specific discussions with project team and occasionally with external parties (customer, vendors),
- Good time and tasks management skills, ability to work under time pressure,
- Self-starter & Team player
- Challenge status quo mindset, “Can do” attitude, energy and enthusiasm.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Employee Pension Plan (PPE)
- Competitive salary package,
- Strong team-oriented culture,
- Flexible working hours,
- Contract of employment,
- Private medical & dental coverage,
- Life insurance,
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space),
- Trainings and broad development opportunities,
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office,
- Lots of sport activities as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.,
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events,
- Motorola Solutions is supporting CSR activities and encourages employees to participate.