FP&A Senior Analyst
If you are interested in providing high-quality and insightful financial analysis and would like to work for the industry-leading businesses this role is for you. As a Senior Planning and Appraisal analyst you will work with colleagues in the business and Finance to produce the relevant insights that supports the business in their decision-making. This position will support planning; forecasting and appraisal scope. Planning and Appraisal provide high exposure to Shell business leaders giving opportunities to work on important business problems and in personal development.
Where do you fit in?
This is an individual contributor role in a team supporting country or global/regional businesses. The team is part of the wider Upstream; Integrated Gas and Renewable Energy Solutions organisation.
What’s the role?
- Support the business decision making (operational and strategic)
- Collaborate effectively across multiple assets/entities and functions to develop a credible annual business plan, including challenging inputs and ranking opportunities
- Work with and challenge assets/entities to deliver fit for purpose quarterly latest estimates, focused on value/risk. Support performance appraisal materials
- Perform analysis of monthly and quarterly financial results, gaining understanding of business performance and challenging where appropriate (e.g. burn rates, one-offs)
- Formulate and effectively communicate concise performance insights to senior leaders (monthly MI), gaining respect through your authenticity and ability to speak up and challenge where appropriate
- Provide ad-hoc deep dive analysis performance that utilises the individuals understanding of the interactions of core financial indicators and their relationship to the underlying business
- Coordinate the delivery of complex sets of Planning and Appraisal products in a matrix environment and implementing opportunities to standardise and optimise delivery.
- Build a funnel of technical automation solutions that will drive Planning and Appraisal efficiency and lead the resulting projects to ensure their successful implementation.
- Working with most confidential, market-sensitive data is an important feature of this role.
- Very wide range and seniority of planning and appraisal activities, that are delivered in the centre gives an opportunity for many career paths and learning most of Shell global businesses.
- University degree in a finance related discipline
- Relevant experience and a proven track record in business performance management
- Mindset to drive truly global standards in a customer centric way
- Technical capabilities in automation and data management or the aptitude to develop these skills
- Professional qualification such as CIMA or ACCA - or recent progress to obtaining your qualification would be an asset.
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport
- Strong communication skills, and ability to complex raw data into understandable key messages & insights
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Able to work across organisational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.