Senior Manager Audit
BDO Ireland is seeking a skilled Audit Senior Manager to join our successful and expanding Audit Department as part of our growth plans for the next five years.
BDO Ireland has an ambitious strategy which envisages significant future business growth across existing and new services. This growth will be underpinned by a people strategy which will establish BDO as a home for top talent and create an environment where our people can develop and grow.
We are looking for an ambitious, forward thinking high-achiever seeking a new challenge in a progressive and forward-thinking firm. In addition to a competitive package, this position offers opportunities for progression, challenging projects, and learning and development in a collaborative environment. At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need, and you can shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality.
As a part of the fifth largest global professional services firm, BDO is one of the Ireland’s leading accountancy, tax, advisory and consulting organisations. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager (permanent position) to join our Audit Team. You will be working as part of an experienced management team, working within a team of 25. Our large portfolio of clients cover a large industry base and we specialise in both international and domestic clients across a wide range of industries to include Retail, Professional Services, Sporting and Membership Bodies, Not for profit and Education.
· Will be managing the team and coordinating a number of audits i.e. multi-project management
· Will be responsible for audits from planning through to completion and sign off
· Will report directly to partner on engagements
· Will be bringing solutions to table and resolving issues with clients including fee negotiation and cash collection
· Time management, work in progress management, delegation, use of initiative, excellent communication and assertiveness are skills required for this level of management
· Will be involved in delivery of technical training
· Will be working towards departments strategic goals and objectives
· Will be the main point of contact for a range of clients
· Internal relationships are key; requiring a good understanding of the firm’s objectives/strategies, how they impact on the department and the part the job holder and the team plays in achieving them
· Will be involved in selling other services of the firm, looking for opportunities and developing them
· Will be sharing knowledge and experience with others including on the job training of junior team members
· Assisting Partner with preparation of clients’ presentations including preparation of tender documents
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
· Minimum 5 years PQE
· Will be expected to have competent management skills and behaviours
· Will be technically and professionally qualified including knowledge of FRS100 to FRS102 and IFRS
· Will have strong commercial awareness
· Knowledge of the Irish or UK market
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced benefit allowance
- Personal Health Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Mobile phone
- Car parking/ travel allowance
- Free breakfast every day
- Early finish Fridays
- Group health schemes
- Life assurance
- Coverage of professional subscription
- Centrally located office
- Employee referral scheme
- Career progression
- BDO Learning & Development programme
- Taxsaver scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- CSR, Sports and Social and Wellness Committees
About BDO Ireland
At BDO Ireland we don't just say it, we really do it. Exceptional service and a passion for both our clients and our people's success is what drives us.
We are business advisors. We work with our clients to determine the best course of action and then we work with them to make it happen.
We challenge ourselves to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and we challenge our clients when we know we need to, because we are passionate about their success.
We work with fast-growing businesses and entrepreneurs with ambition.
We understand the importance of empowering people to succeed and we celebrate independent thinking and diversity while fostering a culture of working collaboratively.
With offices in Dublin, Limerick and Cork and our international network of 1,809 offices in 167 countries, we work with our clients providing smart business advice.
It's what we DO - We advise. We challenge. We deliver.
After all it's in our name - BDO.