Accountant (Part-Qualified / Finalist)
To provide accurate and timely recording, classification and reporting of accounting transactions. There will be an emphasis on reconciliations, SOX controls, cost centres reporting and recording of routine and non-routine transactions.
A leading global organisation with an instantly recognisable brand name. Based in large modern offices in the Chertsey area with free parking provided and very easy access via public transport.
Flexible working is offered, and the long term plan is for 1-2 working days from home per week.
The Accountant (Part-Qualified / Finalist) role involves;
- Responsible for Management accounting for a UK entity, all activities related to the month end close and promotion
- Responsible for VAT returns & SOX controls
- Responsible for monthly cost centres review and reporting. Work closely with FP&A team
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations to a high level with strong support and reasoning for auditors and for internal requirements
- Prepare and submit audit information to a professional standard for UK Managed entities. Work with Senior Financial accountant on the statutory audits.
- Build close working relationships with the rest of the UK Finance team as well as auditors
- Work across the organisation's matrix structure, providing support to those that need it and obtaining information when it is required
- Strive for continuous process improvements.
- Support the annual audit & month end related tasks for UK entities
- Post journals based on well-prepared support and present such support for scrutiny to management and auditors
- Prepare sound balance sheet reconciliations and support for all UK Managed entities as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key members of staff
- Head of Accounting
- UK CFO
- Senior Financial Accountant & Team
- Head of FP&A & Team
The ideal candidate for the Accountant (Part-Qualified / Finalist) role will;
- be ideally PQ / Finalist level CIMA/ACCA/ACA, or equivalent experience (QBE)
- have strong Management Accouting experience.
- have worked in a similar role in another international business
- have experience of VAT returns
- Intercompany billing / reconciliation / re-charge
- Cost-Centre management - tracking actuals v budget
The Accountant (Part-Qualified / Finalist) role offers a basic salary of £35-40,000 + bonus, 7% pension, and full study support.
1-2 days working from home per week.