Assistant Manager - Client Accounting Solutions
Job title: Assistant Manager
Department: Client Accounting Solutions
Reporting to: Manager / Head of Client Accounting Solutions or any other designated person
Ocorian is an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognized for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job
Provide support and assistance to the Directors, Managers and Administrators in connection to the services provided by Ocorian Services Limited. This will involve managing the preparation of clients' financial statements, management accounts, tax returns and any other financial reports as may be required. This will also require supervision of the team.
– Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of clients
– Set and manage the deadlines of the portfolio of clients in accordance with the agreed calendar defined by each relevant jurisdiction
– Ensure overall quality of bookkeeping, financial statements, management accounts and other financial reports are up to required standards at all times
– Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations
– Review bank, investment and any other reconciliation
– Review VAT returns for clients as prepared by Senior Accountants / Accountants / Assistant Accountant /Junior Accountants
– Review the work of, provide guidance and constructive feedback to Senior Accountants / Accountants / Assistant Accountant / Junior Accountants
– Liaise with the appointed Auditors and administrators to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables
– Communicate effectively with the Accounting team to ensure that they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing
– Oversee the work of Senior Accountants / Accountants / Assistant Accountant / Junior Accountants and liaise with administration teams to determine and prioritize client deadlines
– Monitor and control the workload of the team
– Act as main accounting point of contact with key client personnel
– Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedures are adhered to
– Be aware of risk exposure and promptly escalate issues arising to other members of the Management team
– Take ownership of various aspects of team management, including involvement in the annual staff appraisal process as appropriate, holiday management, personal and professional development of team members
– Assist with the budgeting process and monitor staff workload, chargeable hours and their comparison with budget
– Ensure all internal reporting on team performance is completed in accordance with set deadlines
– Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group.
– Comply with all information security policies, procedures and guidelines in place at Ocorian to ensure information security.
– Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees and its clients.
– ACCA/ACA fully qualified
– Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience or with exposure to the Private Client/Real Estate environment is desirable.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience
– Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
– Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
– Experience with eFront Navision and ValueFinancials is desirable
– Strong IT skills
– Proven People Management Skill with minimum of 2 years of experience at Supervisory level.
– Strong technical skills in accounting field
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
– Solid organizational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate)
– Ability to work methodically and accurately
– Excellent team player
– Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic
– Ambitious to learn and be challenged
– Detailed oriented
– Committed to quality and delivering on time
– Effective problem solver
– Ability to lead, motivate, listen and coach staff under supervision
– Possess excellent time management skills
The post holder will be expected to
– Embrace Ocorian's core values of:
Opportunity - (By being proactive, using every opportunity to support clients and colleagues)
Client Focused - (By placing the client at the centre of all decision making)
Ownership - (By taking ownership in managing client relationships and being creative and forward-thinking)
Reliable - (By being reliable, consistent and always available for clients and colleagues)
Intellect - (By applying our intellect and expertise to every decision we make)
Accomplished - (By utilising our extensive experience to help clients and colleagues each step of the way)
Nimble - (By being nimble, flexible and adaptable)
– Be committed to continuing professional education.