Group Financial Accountant - ACA / ACCA First Time Mover
Working alongside some of the North West's best ACA / ACCA qualified finance professionals, you will be at the heart of the Group Finance team in this market-leading retail organisation
Full exposure to group audit / ideal transitional role for a great landing from practice to industry / set yourself up for a pathway to Finance Director careers in the future
Michael Page are proud to be working with this business: a true northern success story.
If you have an interest in retail, a desire to work for a global business, and the chance to work with exceptionally talented peers, you've come to the right place!
Our client can boast of industry-leading financial results, a consequence of a hugely successful international & UK expansion.
If you want to combine the exciting nature of an acquisitive business with the perks of a global brand, look no further.
There are numerous examples of how this employer has helped to accelerate & nurture the careers of practice-trained accountants over the past decade, so it is genuinely a well-trodden path to success for all first-time movers from a Top 20 firm (ACA / ACCA newly qualified)
The key responsibilities for this phenomenal ACA / ACCA first time mover Group Financial Accountant role are as follows
- Ownership of Financial Accounting / Reporting
- Preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts under IFRS
- Preparation of financial information for external announcements/presentations
- Preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts under FRS 101 and FRS 102
- Consolidation of the Group budget balance sheet
- Key point of contact for external auditors - preparation of full supporting files for audit
- Commercial review of monthly input from other Group Companies
- Involvement in ad hoc projects to continuously driving efficiencies and process improvements across all workstreams
- Work with colleagues in corporate finance projects / due diligence
- Acquisition accounting (including the valuation of intangible assets) and onboarding of new subsidiaries
The most important thing for our forward-looking retail client is to find the right culture fit, however, newly qualified ACA / ACCA accountants may be asked to show an ability to exhibit some of the following skills:
- A sound technical knowledge base - IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience in the production of statutory accounts under FRS 101 or FRS 102 preferable
- Strong excel skills
- Flexible / pragmatic approach
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Self-starter with initiative and drive to challenge status quo
- Have a commercial outlook and an understanding of how accounting standards are applied in a commercial retail context
- A down to earth, eager to learn ACA / ACCA newly qualified professional from practice who wants to work with some of the best in the business!
This brilliant ACA / ACCA newly qualified first time mover role can offer a £40,000 - £45,000 base salary, along with some fantastic perks & an ability to progress your career quickly in a supportive, fun environment.